Good news Wholesalers!
In this article, you’ll find detailed steps on integrating Shopify Markets and upgrading to the GLOBAL pricing plan of the Wholesale Pricing Discount app.
Follow the outlined steps for a smooth integration.
Upgrading to the newly introduced GLOBAL Plan
- Navigate to the Wholesale Pricing Discount (WPD) Dashboard.
- Select "Subscription Plans" from the menu.
- Choose the "Global" plan option.
Note: Existing customers will require a manual upgrade by Wholesale Helper’s tech team. Follow the instructions provided post-click on the "Upgrade to Global" plan for a successful transition.
Upon successful upgrade to the Global plan, the Wholesale Pricing Discount app seamlessly integrates with Shopify Markets.
Here's some important information you should know:
- Checkout with Local Currency: The app now supports checkout with local currency.
- Newly Built Version for Theme App Extension: Utilize the newly built version of the app that incorporates Theme App Extension for optimal integration with Shopify Markets.
Note: Shopify Markets integration with your WPD app will only work if you’re using the latest version of WPD (which supports Theme App Extension).
- Dynamic Price Display Based on Market Selection: Prices are displayed according to the selected market. For example, if the market is set to the United States with USD as the currency, prices will be shown in USD.
- Address-Based Price Display on Cart Page: During redirection to the cart page, prices are displayed based on the customer's default address.
- Shipping Address Modification and Currency Conversion: Customers can modify the shipping address using our address popup. The currency is converted based on the shipping country, respecting the Markets settings.
- Currency Stability at Checkout: Once the customer proceeds to checkout, the currency remains unchanged due to technical constraints. Altering the address after the draft order creation won’t change the Market as a technical constraint.
- Fractional Difference in Discounted Prices: Due to currency conversion rates, there might be a slight fractional difference in discounted prices.
Note: For example, for a product with an original price of $300 and a 50% discount, the discounted price should be $150. However, due to the currency conversion rate, it may be approximately $149.90 or $149.95. This is because the Shopify platform has certain conversion rate limitations which mandates our WPD app to provide the discounted pricing in the shop’s default currency to the Shopify API.
- Conversion of Discount Codes and Costs: Discount codes, shipping rates, and all other costs are converted to the currency of the shipping country and displayed on the checkout page.
Support and Assistance
For any inquiries or further clarification regarding the Shopify Markets integration with WPD, feel free to reach out to our dedicated support team:
Chat: Initiate a support chat conversation through the app.