Locks created through the Lock Manager app help you lock certain content (products/collections/pages/URLs) from specific customers/visitors.
You also have an option to redirect unauthorized customers to another page or URL based on your needs.
Before moving ahead, please answer the following questions.
- What product(s)/collections/content do you want to lock?
- Who should have access to the locked content?
- What page should the unauthorized customers land on?
You can now select a particular category based on the answers you gave above.
Step 0: Start with ‘Create Lock’
- After you do this, select the options that are most suitable for your lock. We have explained each step below.
Step 1: Lock Name (your choice)
Step 2: Lock Applies to -
- The ‘selected customers’ options lets you select specific customers tagged with ‘wholesale’, ‘retail’, etc.
- This option lets you restrict/permit access to the logged-in customers.
- This option helps you restrict/permit access to specific customers with a passcode.
Step 3: Permissions
- Select "May Access" here
to give access and ‘cannot access’ to deny access the customers/visitors selected in the previous steps.
Step 4: Lock Content
- Select the products you want only wholesale-tagged customers to see. These products would not be visible to any other customer then.
Similarly, you can restrict/permit access to the collections (under ‘collections’).
You can also restrict/permit access to the complete website (under ‘Whole Website).
You can also restrict/permit access to a specific page on the website (under ‘Pages’).
You can also restrict/permit access to a specific URL (under URL).
Step 5: Redirection
- Enter any page or link you want the unauthorized customers to be routed to.