- You have the option to use a CSV file, which can be edited in Excel, to edit your products in bulk more easily. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the Wholesale Order Form app and go to the 'Manage Products' tab.
- Click on the 'Bulk Update' button on the upper right.
Note: This feature is available on Professional and Enterprise plans. Check #33 How do I change my current plan? to find out how.
- Download your products and settings by clicking 'Download File'. This will process all of your products, so it can take a few minutes if you have thousands of products in your store before your automatic download starts.
- Open the file with a spreadsheet or plain text software such as Excel, Google Sheets, or Notepad. You may skip this step if your browser automatically opens the file after download. Your computer will usually use a default spreadsheet software when you open the file.
- Edit your product settings on the file. Keep the following in mind:
A) 'Show Product To' can be set to - All Customers - No Customers - Logged In Customers - Customer Tags.
B) 'Hide Product From' can be set to - All Customers - No Customers - Guest Users - Customer Tags.
C) If you set B or C to 'Customer Tags', you need to fill out the 'Customer Tags' column.
D) If B or C is not set to 'Customer Tags', the Customer Tags column will be ignored.
E) Wrong spellings in B or C will cause errors.
F) Minimum and Increment cannot be left blank.
G) Maximum must be greater than the Minimum.
H) Both Minimum and Maximum must be multiples of Increments.
- Make sure the file is saved as a CSV and all column headers are exactly the same as the downloaded file.
- Upload the file. This will process all of your products and may take a few minutes. You will be notified in the app dashboard when the upload is completed.