To choose who can see your Wholesale Section and/or your applied wholesale discounts on the storefront, there are two different ways to do that:
1. Access to your applied wholesale discounts can be configured using Discount groups in the Wholesale Pricing Discount app.
2. Access to your entire Wholesale Section can be configured using the Wholesale Lock Manager app.
Now, let’s look at these two different kinds of configurations in detail:
Configuration 1: To choose who can see your applied wholesale discounts
Wholesale prices (discounts) will only be shown to the customers who belong to the created Discount group.
You can configure your Discount groups in the Wholesale Pricing Discount app by clicking on the Discount groups link (as shown in the image below):
To configure your discount group(s), follow these steps:
Add a specific customer tag to your Discount group (as shown in below image):
But, to be able to configure a Discount group successfully, you should have added/assigned this customer tag to your customer. To assign a (discount) tag to your customer, go to the Customers section in your Shopify admin dashboard (see image below):
Now, there could be three cases where you want to:
- Assign a (discount) tag to an existing customer
- Create a new customer and assign a (discount) tag
- Inviting a customer to create a new account on your store with the signup/register form and adding a (discount) tag to their account
Read the article to know more:
You can see the assign tag option for a specific customer by clicking on Customer name. For example (see image):
Configuration 2: To choose who can see your entire Wholesale Section
You can restrict access to your Wholesale Section or any store content using the Wholesale Lock Manager app. Further, you can choose to show/hide or password-protect prices or specific product pages on your store.
To install and setup WLM for your store], follow these steps:
- Go to the Wholesale Lock Manager app listing on the Shopify app store and click on Add app button.
- Follow this step-by-step guide to install Wholesale Lock Manager (WLM) in your store.
- After your installation, you’ll see WLM dashboard as shown below:
- Now, click on Create lock button to create and configure your lock to enable/disable access for specific customer types.
- Now, enter the required details to create the desired lock to enable/disable access to your wholesale section. See the guide below to know more about how to create locks for your product pages.
- In the same section, you will be asked to Select who can/cannot access your Wholesale section.
- Now, under the Content section select the Specific URL option (radio button) and in the URL placeholder, enter your unique wholesale section URL (default URL is /apps/wpdapp/wholesale). See the below image:
- Now, hit the Save button to create your first lock using WLM.
- To know more about creating a lock for a specific URL, read this article
We hope that this article was helpful.
Let us know if you need any help, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org