Discount groups allow you to group your specific types of customers (eg. wholesale/retail customers) and offer them different kinds of discounts (eg. wholesale discounts, retail discounts, VIP discounts, etc.)
You can easily add these customers to a discount group using customer tags.
Follow the steps below to create a discount group:
1. Go to the Wholesale Pricing Discount app and select Discount groups.
2. Click on Create Discount Group.
3. Give a name or title to the discount group.
4. Add the customer tag for customers that should receive the discount. For example, ‘Wholesale’, ‘distributor’, 'RETAIL' etc. These tags are associated with the discount groups as shown in the image below. You can learn more about customer tags here.
5. You can also set Applies to, Minimum requirements and Shipping rates to a discount group.
This setting helps to select the content you’d like the discount to be applied to. By default, all products will be selected and you can change it to specific products or a specific collection of products.
This optional step helps you select the minimum cart requirement before a customer can receive a discount. You may choose either the minimum quantity of products, minimum cart price, or both as a condition for the discount.
Here, you can set shipping charges. You can either leave it to store default or select Flat Rate to have a specific dollar amount applied for shipping. For flat rates, you can set conditions for the shipping charges to be applied, such as total cart price or total cart weight.
5. Lastly, save the discount group by clicking Save button.